Thursday, February 16, 2023

"Strip it up" and Celebrate

 To quote the amazing Laura Bassen, I stripped it up.  I have a huge, I mean huge pile of colored cardstock scraps.  When I say pile, I mean all organized in the rainbow order (singing in the LB voice, go check her out, she's amazing) in a rainbow, colored cart.  I sort of hate having all those scraps and I like to make larger cards, and I'm not good about trimming the pieces I die cut...and the list goes on and on. I pulled out several large scraps using a color combo inspired by the slimline warm paper pad from scrapbook.com . Now, I'm not sure mine is a warm palette, but the color tones are there.  I just started cutting multiple strips of paper and adhering them to a 4 x 6 card front.  Initially, I ink blended a large butterfly for the focal, but it was just too busy.  I pulled out a hoard of flowers I cut probably a year ago, and laid them out on the stripped panel.  I was still struggling with a layout and somehow all the florals got a little wonky and I really liked it.  I cut some additional leaves in silver mirror carsdstock.  Cut out my celebrate sentiment, added some gems I got at hobby lobby and voila a birthday card was born.  I attached it to a 5 x 7 card base and stamped a sentiment inside.


No comments:

Post a Comment