Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Have I mentioned my love of a butterfly motif?

 And hearts and leaves.  I digress, today I'm sharing a card I made using Bibi's butterfly collection from spellbinders.  I cut one of the smaller butterflies and stenciled it with distress oxide inks.  This card wound up going a totally different direction. I had intended to make an A2 size card, but it just didn't look right on the background I'd made for it.  So, I dry emossed some silver foil cardstock with a spellbinders embossing folder, made a small strippy background in coordinating colors for the butterfly.  (hard to see in pictures) I added some silver flat back pearls, added some silver and white twine, and added a happy birthday sentiment.  This card turned into a 5x7.  I was happy with the final product.  


No comments:

Post a Comment