Monday, February 6, 2023

Blessed

 I make a lot of thank you cards, and I love a heart motif.  Being that it is the month of love (and also my birthday month, bring on 47) I thought I'd share a few recent cards.  My medically fragile daughter  was ill over Christmas and each day someone blessed us in some way shape or form financially, groceries, or meals and I whipped out handmade cards to express our appreciation.  I saw this particular technique on Natasha Foote's youtube channel using Nuvo drops.  I have several Nuvo drops but have found that I prefer pops of color from scrapbookcom, so I wanted to use up some of my Nuvo drops.  Basically, you scrape the blobs of drops down the cardstock and you get this really cool mixed media...very, very neat.  I started and just couldn't stop.  Any of these would make cool valentine cards for anyone you wanted to share with.  


If you haven't seen the ink drops paper from Craft Consortium, go check them out, they are GORGEOUS.  This is one of the papers on the background of this card.  I purchased mine from the Stamp Simply Ribbon Store.

 This card was my attempt at a rainbow look. Inked the edges with black ink and I think it helped it to pop.
And this little beauty is my favorite.  I really got a wide variety of looks on my hearts.  Added some embossing on the background sheets to complete the look.  I enjoy mixed media, but I just hate waiting for stuff to dry...love how these turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment