Friday, October 26, 2012

Two Peas Inspiration

 I had recently watched a video from two peas in a bucket and the designer had used a quilt paper piecing technique that I really enjoyed.  I love to quilt as much as I enjoy paper crafting.  I'm self taught and not a pro by any means, but oh how I enjoy a finished quilt.  I, being a hand quilter, don't get that immediate gratification with quilting like I do with paper crafting because...well, for obvious reason, quilts take  A LOT of time.  :)  There is something totally soothing about the rocking motion of quilting....Ok, back to the subject here..lol.  I made this background with a paper pack that I L-O-V-E LOVE from a stack that I got some time ago in the clearance section of hobby lobby.  I love all the patterns and it also has glitter, whoop whoop.  Side note, in the midst of making said card, I screwed up my paper trimmer....not a good moment when you are trying to cut straight, long, one inch strips....but I ranted and raved and had to pull out an old inaccurate trimmer persevered. ;)
I cut the images from Serenade, ( a very favorite goto cartridge).  I hand cut the mats for the sentiment and embossed the sentiment.  OF course I had to add some bling and hemp.  I love the finished product.  (did I say I have a thing for birds?  *wink*)
Thanks for checking it out and be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment