Friday, October 26, 2012

Shape Card Sunday

Sarah's  challenge for us this week is to make a fall card and add a button.  Honestly, I really really wanted to make an acorn.  I have a really cute stamp set with cute little "nut" sayings....BUT....I didn't. Instead, I used paper doll dress up and made a cornucopia shape card.  I've always really liked the cornucopia symbol.  Used to put one on my coffee table every fall until the children came along.  :) At first I was trying use my gypsy to hide each of the different fruits so I could cut each one in a different color.  It was taking FOREVER.  So. laying in bed last night, it came to me...cut one cut on white and ink each of the fruits. (AHHHHHHH---that's the angel choir in my head *smiles*)



I think it turned out cute, smaller than I intended, but cute nonetheless.  I inked the entire horn and added brown ink to some of the fruit pieces.  I found a little leaf rub on made by K and company that I added and I'm not sure you can read it, but it says give thanks. 

Now, everyone go check out Sarah and join us in the fun!! 

Thanks for checking it out and be blessed~Michelle

2 comments:

  1. Super cute! I love the idea of cutting it on white and coloring the fruit~ TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michelle!!! Thanks so much for playing along in my challenge!!! And thank you for the comment you left, I will for sure check out your daughter's blog. I am so sorry to hear of her health problems...I cant even imagine!!! Of course you and your family are in my prayers!!!

    Your card is darling!!! I LOVE the fruit...it looks so real. I love how you colored it yourself...I think the banana is my favorite =)

    Hope you can play along in the next challenge!
    hugs,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete