Sunday, October 28, 2012

Happy Birthday!!

I recently had the privelege of making some birthday cards for people I LOVE!  My niece celebrated sweet 16!  She is a lovely, talented young lady and I wanted to do a special card for a landmark birthday.  One of the reasons I love cardmaking is being able to personalize the card to the recipient.  Since Lois loves Paris and takes french in school, I found the eiffel tower cut on Everyday pop up card cartridge.  She told me she is loving pink these days, so this is what I came up with
 I also used elegant edges for the back ground and gypsy font for her name lettering.  I wrote happy birthday in french on the banner. 
 I used a new cuttlebug folder to emboss the tower.  She really loved the card.
The second card I was able to make was for a long time friend of my Mom's.  I was able to add all sorts of sweet little embellishments and had so much fun. I couldn't post the finished product until she received it.  She said I nailed it!  So fun!! I used multiple cartridges, faux stitching, bling, stamping, stickles. Mod podge on her boots to make them shine.  I embossed her apron with swiss dots. I also added her age to the pails in the girls hands, but I left that til after the picture *wink*. The stamp came for a stampsoflife stamp set.  I heat embossed the inside of the card to say birthday wishes.  The best part, a one of a kind card that really touched her. 
Try making a card for someone, it will just warm their heart and be a blessing to yours as well!
Thanks for checking out these cards and be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment