Friday, October 12, 2012

Heartfelt thanks

Since I've been paper crafting for a while, I'm growing a lot more patient.  I'm finding myself enjoying more challenging tasks.  I have found that my work is looking better as I take more time and do the more difficult things.  I tell you, I used to hate...I mean strongly hate, to fussy cut. Let's face it, it takes time and usually the cuts are quite small.  As I'm evolving as a crafter, I'm actually starting to like fussy cutting.  I'm not completely loving it...yet, but I feel I'm on the way there.  :)

So here's a project I made with some stamping/fussy cut action.
The label was fussy cut and the acutal stamps were from my stash.  Not sure the brand, they came together, I've used the sentiment many times, but this is the first time I think I used the label.  I inked each of the gray, green and purple strips (they were white cardstock strips) then cut them into banners, then ran them through my cuttlebug swiss dots folder.  I stamped each of the hearts in the same colors and fussy cut them. I popped up the label sentiment as well as the hearts.  The hearts are from a very old stampin' up stamp set.  After I finished, I decided to hand draw on the black lines to pull together the black ink on the label. 
I would encourage you to retry techniques you haven't done in a while, you just might find yourself falling in love.  I was really pleased with the end result of this card and it's already been given to a friend. 
Thanks for stopping by, I hope you've been inspired.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Michelle!

    Thanks SOOO much for sharing this with me!!! Such a pretty card...LOVE the strips!!! You did a GREAT job with fussy cutting =) I felt the same way as you...I never really understood it untill I started noticing more and more crafters doing it and I was like...whats all the fuss about LOL!!!

    hugs,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete