Thursday, October 18, 2012

I have a thing for birds

Maybe it's because my mom called me bird when I was little.  One of the very first cartridges I ever got for my cricut was the 3 Birds on parade.  I think it is so cute.  I really wanted my phrase on here to be baby it's cold outside, but it was just too big to fit on the card and I didn't have a stamp..so It just got the word friend.  :) It recently got really cold here in my neck of the woods.  I mean seriously, we used to have twice a year where we could get by without heating or air conditioning for a short period of time,  but not this year. We skipped spring and fall and only had summer and winter.  lol.  I was inspired by our cold snap to cut this little bird in her scarf.  In hindsight, I kinda wish I had a little coffee cup sitting on the perch beside her..wouldn't that be cute?  The perch and bird come from the same cartridge.  I embossed with the swiss dots folder and added some flowers to fill in the top of the card.  If you look close, you'll see some "eyebrows" wink wink.  I tried to stamp with a peachy keen bird face stamp, but didn't realize I was going to overlap onto the layers, so my bird got some big ole googly eyes. I think it turned out cute anyway.  Thanks for stopping by. 

No comments:

Post a Comment