Sunday, July 2, 2023

Those squares just kept staring back at me

 I have been gifted many items over the years as friends and family have learned of my cardmaking therapy, love, obsession, part time hustle.  At me desk, I kept seeing these pre-cut squares just begging to be put into a card.  I pulled them out and got to work. 

There were two identical sets and I just had to pull them apart.  I divided the first sheet into three color groupings.  Although, they all match, I picked ones with colors that were most similar to each other. This is the first card I came up with.
I dry embossed the background panel with a 3D embossing folder from Spellbinders.  I used what could possibly be one of my favorite die sets, those tiny butterflies, for each square.  They are a die set from paper rose and there are six different etched butterflies.  SO detailed and delicate.  I stamped the sentiment from a stamp simply stamp set.  I also added some distress ink to the background panel to be cohesive with the look of the squares.  I love how it turned out.  Scraps but not scraps.  I also added a bible verse inside the card on another one of the squares.  This card has already gone out in the mail!
Come back in a couple days to see Card #2 in this series!

No comments:

Post a Comment