Saturday, July 22, 2023

Happy Anniversary

 I was asked by a friend for an anniversary card for her son and DIL.  I also know the happy couple and really wanted to infuse their personalities into the card. 

I enjoy a fun fold card.  I love fun folds and large cards.  This is a full 8.5 x 11 card side stepper card.  Meaning I used a full sheet of cardstock to create the card base.  

I used a new to me moon stencil and four colors of ink to create the moon.  I cut the sitting couple with my cricut, twice, because I made the first one too big.  I cut the grass (not sure if it can be seen on the second step) from DS as well.

The fencing is a die I have and I cut 5 of those to create the fence line.  I ink blended the night sky background and splattered with shimmer pen for stars.  The pick up truck is the truckin' through the seasons die and add ons from Spellbinders.

The heart shaped wood slice is a Tim Holtz die set that includes a round slice and the letters as well.  I got it on clearance at Hobby Lobby last year and this is my first time using it.  I LOVE how it turned out.  

This card tried to take me down.  I had to make the base twice.  Cut the couple 6 times.  Smeared white paint on the couple.  Cut one of the fence posts with a pair of scissors accidentally. And, I wrinkle the top of the truck so badly I had to cut and piece in another one.  This card took me roughly three hours and it was worth every minute.  I hope they love it!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment