Friday, July 14, 2023

A very special birthday card

 I have a special friend who has a daughter about to celebrate a birthday,  and their entire family is very precious to me.  I was invited to join a card drive to send her daughter 100 birthday cards.  This was my first attempt at a pop up wave card that Sam Calcott recently demonstrated on her mixed up craft youtube channel. She is pretty much a card engineering genius and also has her own line of card making products called made to surprise.  What I love about her, is she keeps bringing great content to her channels even though she has her own line of products.  Go check her out for some unique cards that are stunning!  

Her card features flowers and mine features butterflies.  I used my Spellbinders Bibi's butterfly collection along with the paper rose tiny butterfly dies. This is a 5 X 7 card and is held closed with a belly band.  I used papers from my stash and embellished the tiny butterflies with some gems.  The big birthday sentiment is a die from The Stamps of life

I love the colors and think this card turned out beautifully, I know my sweet friend will love it!




No comments:

Post a Comment