Thursday, March 16, 2023

While I was working one day.

  I have found I can make 5x7 top folding card bases with 11 x 17 inch cardstock.  The problem I incurred was I didn't have a trimmer large enough to trim the cardstock down, not without a great deal of hassle anyway.  So here I was, with 200 sheets of this enourmous cardstock and no way to cut it.  The light bulb went on.  I remembered seeing the large trimmer at church on many occasions and thought I could probably use that.  I took an hour and a half one morning to trot over to the church and use the trimmer.  As I was cutting away, a young girl approached me and asked me what I was doing.  I told her I was cutting card bases.  She asked why.  I told her that I make cards.  Her simple response was, "can you make me one?" I said, of course, what's your favorite animal. She said, "a unicorn".  I asked her name and she told me Destiny.  She walked away, satisfied and so, I came up with an easel card.  The background has a lovely rainbow watercolor look and I added as much glitter as I could. I can't wait to give it to her on Sunday. 


No comments:

Post a Comment