Saturday, March 18, 2023

A labor of love

 Let's be honest here, I struggle with tedious things.  Things like assembling and gluing tiny pieces.  Probably one of the reasons I prefer a larger card base.  Do I love the finished product when I do attempt these tedious things?  Why yes, yes I do.  I had a friend ask me to make a birthday card with daffodils for her.  So, being limited on the dies and stamps that I own, I always default to my Cricut Design Space.  I found a daffodil and of course, all of it was in separate pieces.  Back in the day of the first Cricuts and pre-design software, most images were fairly easy to assemble, and you had a guidebook that helped you.  In these current days, there's lots to choose from, but I'm telling you as a card maker, primarily cutting cardstock, some of those images are downright difficult.  I would put these daffodils in that category.  It literally took me 2.5 to 3 hours to assemble those flowers, but the finished product is just beautiful.  I made the card base from one of Sam Calcott's tutorials on YouTube and added the flowers to each layer.  The white baby's breath looking florals are a die set in my stash. I cut the recipient's name with my DS.  I decorated with tiny butterfly stickers and embellished with some white gel pen and blue gems.  The background papers are new in my stash from a friend who gave it to me as a birthday gift.  They are from Joann Fabrics.  This card does fold flat for mailing and is impressive as a mantel piece.  


No comments:

Post a Comment