Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Anniversary love

 I had a customer order for an anniversary card, and I was able to put together this sweet slimline card in shades of purple.  I think the couple was celebrating 40+ years of marriage.  I used a die set from the Stamps of Life and a font from cricut DS to customize the names.  The stamped sentiment comes from a very old altenew stamp set and is basically my only Happy Anniversary stamp...crazy, right?

My card making journey started out as a means to reach out to friends, family, or others struggling with difficult things.  I was home bound with my one year old, medically fragile, special needs daughter when I started making cards.  I had been scrapbooking for years and our homecare nurse encouraged me to try making cards.  For years, I only made sympathy, thank you, or encouragement cards. It also became so therapeutic for me.  I had no money for supplies and used whatever was gifted to me or the few things I found on clearance once and a while.  My husband purchased a cricut for me for Mother's Day several years after that and my journey has grown.  



No comments:

Post a Comment