Saturday, August 5, 2023

Loving my stash

 I have a friend who recently lost her husband. I can't imagine what is like to lose a spouse after 50+ years.   I wanted to create a special card to send her.  I started pulling out small cardstock stacks that I've had for years and remembering how much I love them.  I was able to put together this card with some spellbinders dies (simply layered blooms),  my current favorite pinkfresh studio cutting dies, and embellished with a gems from stash that were recently gifted to me.  I added the sentiment from a hero arts stamp and die combo that I go to again and again.  I used craft foam to give dimension to the sentiment.  I added pops of color in white on the branches (which in hindsight was not the best idea).  I heat embossed the sub sentiment in gold detail powder and painted the bottom of the prayers die with a gold glitter pen. I added a butterfly from my stash and that seemed to finish up the card.



No comments:

Post a Comment