Friday, June 30, 2023

More "goodwill rehab" special

 I made this card for my personal use, upcycling these premade card bases I got in a grab bag from goodwill.  They have this cut out already there and I wanted to make it a feature.  As much as I wanted to be able to create a frame with my dies, it just wasn't possible, so after a bit of measuring I was able to cut the exact size frame I needed from cricut DS to cover the opening.  I have several packs of large acetate stickers that I want to get used.( purchased from my dollar twenty five tree)  I'm really intent on using my stuff.  This is one of the designs I came up with.  

I used some vellum behind the image.  I embellished with gems I'd been recently gifted and the stamp and die combo is a small set I received as a gift with purchase. I already knew exactly who this card was going to when I finished. When I posted this photo to my personal facebook page, a dear, sweet, friend named Pooh asked me for several cards just like this. I hit the panic button.  I had no more of these stickers and I only had two of the card blanks left.  What's a girl to do.  As you know, most things you get from the 1.25 store and not always there when you go back.  I formulated a plan to visit the store in a town adjacent to me in hopes of finding the same stickers.  Sure enough, there were five packages, almost the exact amount she wanted.  I was so thrilled!  I knew that was a God wink. These are the cards I made and gave to her. 

 Forgive my legs in the photo and please, no modeling requests after you see them 👍😁😂


No comments:

Post a Comment